Wednesday, April 22, 2009

When it rains it pours

Why does it seem as though the promise "God will not give you more than you can handle" is often a misconception. As if one major crisis at a time would be to trivial. But as i come to grips that this is just a part of life, i take the rope and start climbing back up one notch at a time.
Unexpected mistakes, totally your fault, usually end up hurting your pocketbook but not quite as much as your pride. Peacemaking makes up greatest part of my personality, and so I run as far away from conflict and confrontation as I possibly can. But sometimes, it is unavoidable, as I seem to still keep finding out. For a very intelligent level headed young lady, I can make some of the most stupid, spontaneous decisions, seemingly in every area of my life. Wrecking cars, doing things that disappoint my parents, making bad relationship choices, and trying to hold together a crumbling program at work, are just some of my latest disappointments.
As far as the boot camp i have put myself through to "get fit before bathing suit season.. ugh" this is the only area of accomplishment to list, so eating the occasional chip and dip (major weakness) or having a glass of wine after a rough day, is not even seen as failure. Don't know that next weekend when I hit the sandy beaches of Gulf shores that I will be completely satisfied with how i look, but i have come dang far, so I won't be so much noticing how much extra i'm working with.
As far as relationships go, one thing that people will never be able to say about me is that I don't care. I am a fighter to the bitter end as far as giving, compromising, and being completely supportive. This is just me, I care deeply about those that I choose to invest in. This lends me to alot of hurt and disappointment as most people don't share the same capacity for genuine love. One of these days I will learn to choose more carefully, until then it remains a daily struggle to know who to and not to trust.
My prayer for the week: "Heavenly father, thank you for the good plan you have for me. Today, I lay aside the disappointments of the past knowing that you have blessings in store for MY future."

No comments:

Post a Comment